While they are both great indoor cycling systems produced by well know brands (Schwinn and Bowflex) and share some similarities, there are also key differences between the two.
Bowflex C7 boasts some advantages over Schwinn IC4 when it comes to display screen and warranty among other things. That is why we picked Bowflex C7 as the winner against Schwinn IC4.
In our decision, we relied on users’ reviews, the specs of two models and our own experience with indoor bikes. To see a more in-depth analysis comparing Schwinn IC4 and Bowflex C7, keep on reading!
At A Glance
After reviewing the specifications and qualities of both bikes, we picked Bowflex C7 as the superior indoor cycling bike.
The main reasons we picked Bowflex C7 as the winner is its superior resistance system and display system. There are other differences between the two models as well, some of which we will go into detail in the next section “Schwinn IC4 vs Bowflex C7 Comparison”.
First, we start with the similarities between the two models. As you can see IC4 and IC3 are actually similar in a lot of ways.
Schwinn IC4 Bike & Bowflex C7 Bike
- Both bikes have 100 adjustable resistance levels, allowing you to increase or decrease the difficulty of your workouts.
- Both bikes have consoles that display workout data, such as distance, calories burned, and time.
- Both bikes have pedals with straps to help keep your feet in place while you pedal.
- Both bikes are designed to be relatively quiet, so you can use them without disturbing others in your home.
- Both bikes have a weight limit of around 300 pounds.
- Both bikes are compatible with main cycling apps like Peloton App and Zwift App
- Both bikes weigh around 150 pounds.
- Both bikes have 3-pound dumbbells with easy-reach cradles
- Both bikes come with Bluetooth Heart Rate Armband
- Both bikes’ power source is Corded Electric
- Both bikes come with water bottle holders.
- Both bikes have a USB charging port.
Now let’s jump into the differences between IC3 and IC4. We will explore some of these differences in detail to explain why they would/should have an impact on your decision-making when picking between the models.
- Connecting with Apps: Peloton App and Zwift App
- Drive System: Belt
- Display: 7″ HD Touchscreen
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes
- Dimensions: 48.1″D x 21.3″W x 57.5″H
- Weight: 118 lbs. (53.5kg)
- Warranty: 10 years frame, 1-year labor, 3 years parts
Schwinn IC4 Bike
- Connecting with Apps: Designed to work with popular cycling apps such as JRNY, Peloton, and Zwift (subscriptions for these apps need to be purchased separately)
- Drive System: 40 lb. Flywheel
- Display: Full-Color LCD
- Dimensions: 48.7″ L x 21.2″ W x 51.8″ H (123.7 x 53.9 x 131.6 cm)
- Weight: 106 lbs. (48.1 kg)
- Warranty: 1 year electrical, 90 days labor, 10 years frame, 3 years parts
Bowflex C7 vs Schwinn IC4 Comparison
Here we delve into a detailed comparison between the two models by category. We won’t go into every single difference between Bowflex C7 and Schwinn IC4 but rather key differences we think are most important. Let’s begin!
The drive system of an exercise bike refers to the mechanism that provides resistance and propels the pedals. Here’s how the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C7 compare in terms of their drive systems:
- Schwinn IC4: The Schwinn IC4 uses a belt-drive system to provide resistance and power to the pedals. This system uses a belt made of rubber or polyurethane, which connects the pedals to the flywheel. Belt-drive systems are known for being relatively quiet and low maintenance.
- Bowflex C7: The Bowflex C7 uses a magnetic resistance system to provide resistance and power to the pedals. This system uses magnets to create resistance against the flywheel, which can be adjusted using a dial or buttons on the console. Magnetic resistance systems are also known for being relatively quiet and low maintenance.
Both the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C7 use high-quality drive systems that are designed to provide a smooth and reliable ride. The main difference between the two bikes is the type of drive system they use: belt-drive vs. magnetic resistance. Some people may prefer one type of drive system over the other, but both can be effective for providing a good workout.
Here’s how the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C7 compare in terms of their displays:
- Schwinn IC4: The Schwinn IC4 has an LCD display that shows your workout data, such as time, distance, calories burned, and resistance level. The display is backlit, which makes it easy to read in different lighting conditions.
- Bowflex C7: The Bowflex C7 has a 7″ HD touchscreen display that shows your workout data, as well as interactive video workouts and other features. The touchscreen allows you to easily navigate through the various menu options and select the workouts you want to do.
Overall, the Bowflex C7’s touchscreen display is more advanced and feature-rich than the Schwinn IC4’s LCD display. However, both displays are capable of showing your workout data and helping you track your progress. The best display for you will depend on your personal preferences and the features that are most important to you.
Winner: Bowflex C7
The warranty is an important consideration when purchasing any product, as it can provide peace of mind and protection against defects or other issues that may arise. Here’s how the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C7 compare in terms of their warranties:
- Schwinn IC4: The Schwinn IC4 comes with a 10-year frame warranty, and 3 years part and 90 days labor warranty.
- Bowflex C7: The Bowflex C7 comes with a 10-year frame warranty, 3 years part, and 1-year labor warranty.
Both the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C7 come with warranties that provide protection against defects and other issues that may arise with the bike. The Bowflex C7’s labor warranty is longer than the Schwinn IC4’s. Ultimately, the best warranty for you will depend on your needs and priorities. It’s worth noting that both of these warranties are fairly comprehensive, and they provide good protection for the bikes. The winner of this category is Bowflex as it comes with 1-year labor warranty.
Winner: Bowflex C7
It’s true that the list prices for the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C7 are similar, but the actual price that you will pay for either bike may vary based on a variety of factors, such as discounts, sales, and fees. As of the time I am writing this, it appears that the Bowflex C7 is available at a lower price point than the Schwinn IC4. However, it’s worth noting that prices can change over time, and it’s always a good idea to shop around and compare prices from different retailers to get the best deal.
Winner: Bowflex C7
Schwinn IC4 vs Bowflex C7: The Winner
After reviewing both models and their specifications, we picked Bowflex C7 as the winner against Schwinn IC4. While both are great bikes, once you do an in-depth analysis comparing the two it becomes clear Bowflex C7 is slightly better than Schwinn IC4.
The most important reasons we picked Bowflex C7 as the winner include its touch screen, price point, and its warranty. Feel free to check out the comparison of two top models of Schwinn (Schwinn IC3 vs IC4) as well.